Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coco Osteria CHARLOTTE 92


Hunger struck around 9:30pm last Friday night as I battled through the usual Uptown traffic. By the time I settled for a spot in Hearst Tower’s parking garage one thing was for certain; I was now starving. Lucky for me, Charlotte is full of great restaurants that stay open later on the weekends. I was immediately drawn to a small Italian place in front of Hearst Tower called Coco Osteria. Let me reiterate that this place is small, perfect for escaping with a couple of people before facing the bar crowd. As my eyes darted over the menu, I realized it was going to be a hard decision; Coco features authentic Italian cuisine including homemade pastas. After careful deliberation I decided that I would have to start with the bruschetta and have the pan seared salmon as my main. The bruschetta came out quickly and did not disappoint. The bread, a Tuscan style baguette, was grilled to perfection topped with cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and a balsamic reduction, which was simple and delicious. Just as the bruschetta was nearing its end my salmon came out to keep me going. At first glance I could tell my salmon had a lot going on: olives, capers, tomatoes and garlic in white wine over jasmine rice, but as I began eating I realized that all of the ingredients were essential to the dish. I ended up overeating, and being stuffed yet satisfied. The smaller environment also made for a cozy, well looked after restaurant. The staff gave off a genuine vibe and never left me wanting for anything. If the food isn’t enough to get you down to Coco then you should also know that they have awesome drink specials all week, including half priced martinis on Fridays and half priced select bottles of wine on Saturdays. I’ll definitely be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment