Friday, August 21, 2009

Copper CHARLOTTE 91


If you're a fan of Indian food you must must MUST try copper off of East Blvd. I must admit that I had my reservations when I first found out that it was a "modern" themed Indian restaurant. Ultimately I decided it was either going to be great or disappointing, but my expectations were blown away by the awesomeness that is copper. Located in a charming house, the decor was softly lit and inviting... maybe a little on the dim side. They had a great wine selection and an interesting, yet tasty cocktail menu. I liked the Agni (bicardi 151, absolut peppar, and guava) because it was a little fruity, but still had that warm liquor taste going down. More importantly, the food was kick ass from start to finish. The bf and I started with the Tava Scallops and lobster with a ginger kick. The scallops were decent, but could have been seared better; they paired nicely with the avocado lychee emulsion found rimming the plate. The lobster tail was the big hit of the appetizers, and was cooked faultlessly. The flavor combination was refreshing and well thought out with a nice spice. When it comes to entrees the menu is split into a small list of traditional and modern main courses. I decided to go with a traditional dish, jumbo shrimp in a Goan Curry sauce, while the bf decided to go modern with a Masala duck leg confit. They were both perfect, but I must admit that the bf out ordered me. The shrimp and curry were wonderful and I couldn't stop myself from licking the sauce even as I was stuffed, but the duck had it going on.. not in the least bit gamey, and perfect with a pomegranate-syrah jus. Against my protests the bf went on to order dessert- something I wasn't even thinking about touching at this point because I was beyond full. The bf ordered the Sorbets & Gelatos which came with four cute little samples of different flavors. There was a raspberry and mango sorbet (the raspberry was awesome and was reminiscent of a flinstones push up) and a caramel and pistachio gelato. We left copper full, happy, and ready to go out for the night. Overall a 91- crave worthy!!

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome, I think you've hit your nich! and when I come visit please lets go to Copper! : ) you know who

    ReplyDelete