Monday, August 24, 2009

Phat Burrito CHARLOTTE 81



Phat burrito was a small interesting place with a lot of character (and I don't mean that in a bad way). Located on Camden street, it seemed to be the ideal place for a quick but good mexican meal. The menu is very simple, burrito, tacos, taco salad, or a quesadilla with your choice of meat. Their home made salsa bar was decent, but a bit disappointing. I tried a burrito with fish and without the beans. The fish had a lot of flavor and was really nice, but there was some sort of chutney (you can see it on the tacos above) that I wasn't aware would be in it. I think it was pineapple but I couldn't quite place it because it was thick and had an odd taste and flavor... I didn't care for it, but it didn't ruin my burrito experience. The bf got the fish tacos (pictured above) with no cabbage (he hates veggies) and was thrown off by the chutney as well; he easily scraped it off, and enjoyed the tacos even though they put cabbage on them anyways. Not the best mexican food in Charlotte, but the simplicity of the place makes the food well executed and fast.. great for someone who's on the go! Overall I gave it an 81 a bit over average and worth going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment