Monday, September 14, 2009

Cabo Fish Taco CHARLOTTE 87


Cabo Fish Taco has quickly become one of my favorite places to grab lunch or dinner. Decorated with interesting artwork and bright colors, this little restaurant on N Davidson fits in perfectly with Noda. I've eaten at Cabo Fish Taco a handful of times since I moved to Charlotte and it never disappoints. The bf and I almost always get seated right away, and are promptly greeted with their fresh corn salsa made daily. On our most recent trip I decided to order something other then their amazing tacos. I settled on trying the "Epic Tuna Burrito" (pictured above) made with grilled tuna, avocado, rice, cheese and a cilantro white sauce (I opted for no beans). The bf decided to stick with tacos but mixed it up by ordering the "Serrano Chicken", something neither of us had yet to try. Our food came out fairly quickly, and while everything was good, we both agreed that we had ordered better in the past. The tuna in my burrito was grilled perfectly and the flavors were nice, but their fish tacos are definitely better. The chicken tacos were good, but the chicken was a little bit over cooked. Even though it was our least favorite trip, we still enjoyed ourselves and felt satisfied. Whenever I think of Cabo Fish Taco a few things come to mind: 1. Everything I've ever eaten there has always tasted super fresh. 2. They have a great range of different specialty margaritas and beer. 3. They have great prices, $15 and less for entrees (though most range around $10) and $4 and up for margaritas. Overall I gave them an 87.. definitely a place I'll be going back to.

1 comment:

  1. Oh brother, that Tuna burrito looks craveworthy, I can't wait to try the fish tacos.

    ReplyDelete